Gears of War is turning 10 years old on November 7th and the fine folks at The Coalition is having a 10 Years of Gears celebration. On Gears of War 4 you will have a chance of purchasing 10 Years of Gears packs which will cost 200 points that you can earn in the game. Below is a list of what you can earn and it should be noted that you will win one 10 Years of Gears item in each purchased pack.
Credit goes to https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/10YOGAnnounce
First seen in the Outsider community during the Gears of War 4 campaign, Gary Carmine is here and ready for action – if he can stay alive. Death runs strong in the Carmine family, and our Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack teaser pays tribute to the family tradition as Gary Carmine takes to the Versus battlefield. It’ll be down to you to save Carmine when you play as him this November!
Gary Carmine is part of a special Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack built for our fans. This special pack contains Gary Carmine, a trio of weapons themed to the previous Carmine brothers, commemorative anniversary weapons and emblems to collect as you play.
Obtainable exclusively through gameplay, each 200 Credit pack contains one 10 Years of Gears customization item, one 10 Years of Gears Emblem or bounty, and a random card from the Gears of War 4 Launch Series of Cards. The full list of content can be found below:
- Gary Carmine Character
Carmine Family Weapon Skins
- Anthony Carmine Longshot
- Benjamin Carmine Gnasher
- Clayton Carmine Lancer
10 Years of Gears Commemorative Weapon Set
- 10 Years of Gears Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Hammerburst
- 10 Years of Gears Retro Lancer
- 10 Years of Gears Markza Mk. 1
- 10 Years of Gears Enforcer
- Gary Carmine Emblem
- 10 Years of Gears Emblem
- Welcome Back To The Army – Get 5 kills with a Hammerburst as Marcus (Versus)
- Security System Activated – Get 100 kills as an Engineer (Horde)
- That’s From Dom – Get a knife execution as Marcus (Versus)
- This isn’t a gun, it’s a comrade – Get 5 kills with a Markza Mk. (Versus)
- Broadcast THIS! – Get 10 executions (Horde)
The Tenth Anniversary Gear Pack arrives in game on November 7th for 200 Credits.
EVENTS AND COMPETITIONS
While you collect all the content on offer next week, enjoy brand new ways to play with returning fan-favorite playlists:
- One Shot, One Kill, the ultimate fan-favorite special event with a new Gears of War 4 twist. This sniping-focused mode spawns you only with a Longshot – but now the EMBAR is available for pickup on the battlefield to change the game. Now is the time to go for those collateral headshots!
- Gnashers-Only King Of The Hill returns to Gears of War, bringing with it a gib-filled carnage of objective-driven, close-quarters combat. Your trusty Gnasher is your only friend as you battle to control the hill.
On top of all the in-game action, we’ll have a bunch of community events, announcements and competitions throughout the “10 Years of Gears”.
We want to celebrate the “10 Years of Gears” by playing online with you – the fans! We’ll be running a Game with Developers event next week so fans and developers from The Coalition can play together. Details on how to join up will be announced soon.
Also coming next week is the official launch of The Coalition Army. Thousands of amazing fans have already signed up to be part of the initiative, and we can’t wait to welcome more of you into the family. We’ll be delivering brand new content hand-built by the team, and providing a new way to access amazing resources like our 4K Cosplay Guides, Stream overlays and more.
We’ll also have a variety of competitions over the next month, including opportunities to win the ‘Bodied’ community weapon skin and a whole lot more. Whether you’re a creator, hardcore player or simply a fan, there’ll be a competition for you.
UPDATES TO GEARS OF WAR 4
Following the recent release of Title Update 1 and announced details on future fixes coming to Gears of War 4, we will be launching a new update to our Gear Pack system later today ahead of our anniversary. This update is focused on providing a more consistent Credit earning experience, and more ways to build your collection of customization content as you play.
Following in the footsteps of the recent increase to the Credit earn rate in Horde, this update increases the Credit earn rate in Versus Multiplayer. We’ve also increased the amount of Credits received when losing to be much closer to winning, providing a more consistent income even if you’re having a rough night in Versus.
We’ve also heard your feedback on wanting more from the Bounty system. Following this update, Bounties will award significantly improved XP or Credits (depending on the Bounty) based on their difficulty, and have been rebalanced to offer achievable but challenging goals for each game mode. Bounties are now a really great way to level up faster, or build your collection of Credits.
As our final part of this update, we’re also revamping a number of our packs to provide more ways to acquire customization content. Whether you’re wanting to level up fast with Versus Boosters or building your Horde Skills with Horde Boosters, our new Gear Pack revamp allows you to build your collection of customization content through the Packs that suit your style.
- Versus Boosters now contain one guaranteed customization item and four Bounties. One Bounty has a chance to be a second customization item.
- Horde Boosters now contain one guaranteed customization item, four Horde Skills and a chance for a Horde Skill to be a Horde Bounty
- Operations Packs now contain two guaranteed customization items
We’ll be continuing to listen to your thoughts and feedback about Gears of War 4. We can’t wait to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Gears of War next week with all of you. Here’s to many more years of Gears!